Do You Know Your Risk Level for Heart Disease? You are considered IDEAL CARDIOVASCULAR HEALTH if you follow a healthy lifestyle with all of the following:
- – Blood pressure less than 120/80mm Hg and not on medicine for blood pressure
- – Total cholesterol less than 200mg/dl and not on medicine for cholesterol
- – Fasting blood glucose less than 100mg/dl and not on medicine for blood sugar
- – Body mass index less than 25kg/m2
- – Never smoked or quit over one year ago
- – Performs 150 min of moderate exercise or 75 min of vigorous exercise a week
- – Eats a diet of fruits and vegetables, whole-grains, and high-fiber foods. Eats fish, especially oily fish twice a week or more. Pregnant women should avoid fish with high mercury levels.
- – Limits saturated fat, cholesterol, alcohol, sodium, sugar, and avoids trans-fatty acids
Do You Know Your Risk for Metabolic Syndrome?
Do You Have Metabolic Syndrome?
If you have 3 or more of the following risk factors, then you have the metabolic syndrome and are a greater risk of developing heart and other vascular diseases, type2 diabetes, and having a stroke.
- – Your waist is greater than 35 inches
- – Your triglycerides are higher than 150mg/dl
- – Your HDL (good cholesterol) is less than 50mg/dl
- – Your blood pressure is higher than 130/85mmHg
- – Your fasting blood sugar is higher than 100mg/dl
For the full Circulation article Click Here